- Better, faster nicotine fixes that deliver in 6-7 seconds.
- It's technically cheaper.
- Way better shelf life.
- Smooth, mild throat hit.
Why can smoking become such an addiction, such a bad habit?
There are roughly 600 ingredients in a cigarette and at least 69 chemicals that have been known to cause cancer. Tobacco smoke contains over 5,000 chemicals including nicotine. Nicotine is highly addictive. Smokers smoke for the nicotine but are harmed by the tar and other chemicals. Smoking can affect every part of the body - from your skin to your brain. It is a strong drug!
Tobacco contains poisonous substances that affect people’s health. Two of these poisons are:
- Carbon monoxide. Car exhaust fumes also produce this substance, and it is fatal in large doses. It replaces oxygen in the blood and starves the organs of oxygen, stopping them from functioning correctly.
- Tar. This is a sticky, brown substance that coats the lungs and affects breathing.
Most smokers want to stop smoking because they know about the risks to their health. But many keep smoking because they are addicted to nicotine, often from a young age. Smoking is often part of your daily routine and habit.
Soon after quitting, people experience the following health benefits that can significantly improve their quality of life and serve as reminders of the health benefits that quitting can have:
- breathing becomes easier
- daily coughing and wheezing reduce then disappears
- sense of taste and smell get better
- exercise and activities become easier
- circulation to the hands and feet improves
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health.
Making the decision to quit smoking can become much easier when you find another source of nicotine. Although this may seem easier said than done, changing a bad habit may not be as hard as it seems. Using an e-cigarette or vaping is far less risky than smoking. It is a less harmful way to receive nicotine and the vapour contains few or no harmful chemicals found in cigarette smoke. If they are present, they are at much lower levels. There is now also good evidence that e-cigarettes can help smokers quit.
Nic salts have proved beneficial for new vapers who have just quit smoking. They enable them to absorb more nicotine without being forced to use particularly sophisticated or expensive equipment.