The Easy Guide to Vaping
As Thomas Jefferson once said, “Knowledge is power”. Sharing knowledge is the key to unlocking that power. So, Vape-Citi is sharing its knowledge trying to make our vapers familiar, aware, and to understand vaping, such as facts and options.
Making the jump into the vaping world, if your aim is to quit smoking, can be scary and baffling.
Knowing the essentials of vaping will help you decide. We know there is a lot of words that are often used with (experienced) vapers, such as:
Atomiser or Coil: Electronic component that turns the nicotine solution contained within the e-cigarette into vapour.
Custom Mod: A mod that has been customised by the user. Not available to purchase off the shelf, for example Minikin Boost Kodama by Asmodus.
Direct to lung: In contrast to Mouth to Lung vaping, in Direct to Lung vaping the vapour is inhaled to the lung without being held in the mouth first. GeekVape BIDENT Pod is just one of many the devices that has this feature.
Dripping: Where e-liquid is dripped directly onto the coil, usually using a custom-built mod. This is something advanced vapers prefer.
E-liquid: A liquid solution. Usually contains nicotine, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine, although e-liquids in the UK that come in a bottle bigger than 10ml contain zero nicotine. Such as Riot Squad 50ml.
Mouth to lung: In mouth to lung vaping the vapour is inhaled into the mouth and held there before being drawn into the lung. Innokin Adept Mod with Zlide is one of our popular mods for this.
These are just some of the words you might want to know before you consider purchasing an e-cigarette.
This information will help you to feel more comfortable stepping into the vaping world and help you to understand the basics of what vaping is, and how it works.
What is vaping?
Quick answer: Vaping is the habit/pastime of using electronic cigarettes.
In the simplest of terms, vaping is an inhalation of vapour, typically from an e-cigarette.
The actual e-cigarette is typically made using a couple main components.
Tank: this is where the material is placed and used to vaporize, using a heating element (coil or atomizer) and utilizes convection or conduction to produce the vapour.
A considerable amount of e cigarettes have other characteristics, of which some may include a digital screen, Bluetooth speakers and other fancy additions, but all e-cigarettes are composed of those main components.
So how does it work?
- You click the button, which fires the battery.
- The battery is connected directly to the coil in the tank (the heating element).
- The battery transfers the current to the coil, which heats and vaporizes the e-juice.
So, if you are planning on only using your e-cigarette for e-juice, this is the only type of vaping you need to worry about.
How do I use my e-cig?
- Ensure your e-cigarette is fully charged.
- Prime your coil: Put a small drop of juice on any visible cotton.
- Fill your tank with your favourite flavour. Some tanks are top fill, while others are bottom fill, so you may need to read the manual.
- Turn your device on, this is typically done by rapidly clicking the fire key 5 times.
- Ensure the wattage or temperature your device is set at, is the suitable amount for the coil you have in the tank. The coil usually says the recommended wattage or temperature on it, and the manual will also tell you.
- Take a small, short puff to ensure everything is functioning properly.
You can be up and running within 10 minutes of getting your device.